If the windshield of your car is visibly cracked, you should be very careful. Seeking the services of windshield replacement professionals is a must, because a broken windshield is one of the worst things that can happen to your car. In this article, we will share with you a few do’s and don’t’s that apply when your windshield is chipped or broken.
- Measure the crack. If it happens to be less than 12 inches long, it might be possible to go without the replacement and simply repair it. However, only a professional can do that, so make sure you have one in mind.
- If you plan on driving the car before you replace or repair the windshield, make sure that the crack is not interfering with your view.
- If your cracked windshield is exposed to huge amounts of sunlight for an extended period of time, the crack will most certainly go bigger. Make sure you park in shady areas.
- Find the number of a reliable windshield replacement and repair professional. Do not make compromises here – you need the real deal, or the job won’t be done to your expectations.
- The most important thing is to not ignore the problem. Even the smallest chips and cracks can spread and obscure your view. A big crack on your windshield is even considered a traffic violation in some states.
- Don’t wash your vehicle if your windshield is cracked. If water gets inside the crack, it will most certainly grow bigger, and it will be a lot harder to repair.
- Don’t attempt to drive the car if the crack is longer than 12 inches – keep in mind that the integrity of your windshield is compromised, and that may lead to many problems on the road.
- Do not trust the repair or replacement of your windshield to a general mechanic. Such important tasks should be left to qualified auto glass repair specialists.
If you need a windshield replacement and repair specialist in Fort Worth, TX, make sure you give us a call. A's Windshield Services knows how to get the job done right Get in touch with us today!